Friday, January 20, 2012

looking,looking,looking

I am not writing this to get sympathy, or anything like that.  Sasquatch don't need no sympathy.  Wow, did I just go third person there. Yikes!
Anyways, back in July, while on vacation mind you, I get an email from the owner of the company I worked for telling me that I was laid off, and my services were no longer needed.
First, he knew I was on vacation it's not that big of a company, in fact I had just talked to them a day or two before that.
And second, an Email?!! really??!  not cool, or very professional.
Well, with great confidence that surely I would find something right away, I mean come on, who wouldn't want this sexy beast on their team!!
Well, its January 2012 and still no employment in the industry I have been in for 17 years.  This economy really sucks right now!  And this is hard, I have never had a problem finding work, all my life.  And you talk about a smack to your confidence.  Man!
So still looking, but I think I am going to have to take my own advice and stop looking in just my local area.  I have always said, if you can't find work where you live, you may have to work in a different location for awhile and then when things improve move back to the area you were at.
We will see.
I have not been on unemployment all this time, I just can't bring myself to take it.  I have been doing installs for one of the 2 big "do it yourself" home improvement box stores.  And if you want to know which, its not the orange one.
I will post about my experience with this store next.  You talk about a dysfunctional way of working, Wow
to be continued...

3 comments:

  1. There's no shame in accepting unemployment benefits. There IS shame when getting them fraudulently. I say sign up. The money will certainly help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude,
    Start a mobile peep show of sasquatch. I'm not talking dropping the drawers in the middle of the department store either. More like "Come watch Sasquatch eat a small asian family."
    Seriously. When you find work, let me know. My dad is moving in with you ;)

    ReplyDelete